Friday, December 30, 2011

Where in the heck did 2011 go?!?

Can you believe another year has flown by!? I sure can't!! 2011 was a wonderful year for us hence it's when we got married but 2012 will be full of many adventures!

To wrap up the year we're just on semester break right now, mostly working and also catching up with some old friends as well. A few of the girls I went to high school with got together this week and it was so much fun! Sometimes I swear my friends think I have cooties now that I'm married, or most of us I guess now. So when we do get together it's usually a good time. A few of Kevin's friends will be down for New Year's and we'll be hanging out with them doing who knows what.

To start 2012, I have my LAST semester at Dixie State College, and probably college in general. I'm having a really hard time trying to decide if I should get my Master's or not. I thought I had my answer but I've been second guessing a lot. Kevin has his last semester at Dixie State as well, unless he decides to work full-time before we end up moving up to either Salt Lake or Logan so he can attend the U or USU. Moving itself will be an adventure for me. I've moved once and that was 5 minutes away from my parents. I don't think I'm too scared of moving away from them, but I'll miss St. George. I love it here and I know once we move we probably won't be back to stay long-term. Moving involves getting a job where I'm a newly grad in communications and could go anywhere, but not sure what I want to do and jobs are pretty scarce still. Moving involves getting to know a whole new area and worst of all, moving means we'll be in the snow. Luckily, one good thing about moving is we'll have friends and family close by and it's really not that far. If we had to move across the country then that would be a whole other story. I'll be okay, I know people move all the time and they survive but that doesn't mean I'm still not scared out of my mind.

So far that's really our only plans for the New Year, hopefully our plans to welcome the New Year will be very exciting :)  Here are some of my new year resolutions since it's always helpful to write/type them down and let others know about them as well. They're pretty generic though.

2012:
1. Personal scripture study
2. Attend the Temple no less than every other week-not to brag but we have done pretty well at that except for December.
3. Learn how to crochet- I need to learn how to be crafty before I  have kids or we're all screwed.
4. Go to the gym no less than 4 days a week.
5. Maybe start digital scrap booking.
6. All A's for my last semester
7. Read more leisurely books :)-Love how 6 &7 totally will not work from January-April but it's okay!!

That's all I have for now, but if you have any in mind for me let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment