Quick thoughts:
I need to find a hobby so if you have any ideas please give me some. I've tossed around the idea of getting certified to teach Pilates, Yoga, RIPPED, and Zumba.What do you think? Am I capable of such things?
I need something that people can ask me rather than "How are you liking Salt Lake?" because I'm tired of putting a smile on my face and doing it poorly to pretend that I like it here. I guess I don't hate it, but I don't love it...The few nice things are being close to my brother, his wife and their kids and up closer to Kevin's family as well. My job is going okay too. I mean they love me, but it's also lonely at times and sometimes boring. I'm learning a lot though and they're way good to me. But the move has been hard. Sure, everyone says there's so much to do in Salt Lake and maybe when Kevin isn't working 75 hours a week then I'll see what's out there. I'm not trying to be bitter, and I think I've done pretty well with the move considering everything, but just one time I want to get my feelings out. I've been told I just need to give the move some time. Which I am. But winter is going to be here before I know it and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get in a wreck. So stay tuned for that blog :) There is still so much more I could say, but I won't. I want to, but I'll stop.
I'm hoping that my new calling- Young Women's Personal Progress Adviser- will help me pass my time from 5:30-10pm. I'm so excited for this calling and can't wait to get to know the girls better. Kevin also has a new calling, he is going to be the Priest Quorum adviser for the Young Mens. If he gets a new job then we'll get to go to Mutual together! Woohoo!
Cool Story:
You probably saw on Facebook a few weeks ago my "Grocery" experience. Well, if you didn't here it is again. It's too good to me not to post or share.
I had gone grocery shopping and bought everything that we would need for a whole month! Yep, that's a lot of groceries from Costco and Wal-Mart and it was all under budget. (Go me!) Well, as I was driving home and thinking of getting all the groceries up 3 flights of stairs from a far away parking spot by myself I said a quick prayer to my Heavenly Father. Just pleading that someone from the complex would help me, or that Kevin would somehow be home. When I pulled up in the complex then 3 missionaries were getting out of a truck. It turned out that the only parking spot was a spot where they were standing. I wasn't going to ask for help, because honestly I could carry the groceries, and I don't normally ask for help. I started getting a few things from the car and the little greeny of the 3 asked if I needed any help. Something so simple and not even a big deal to these missionaries and I wanted to cry tears of joy. I was so grateful to my Heavenly Father that he put those missionaries in the complex at that time and that they did what they always do, help people. I'm so grateful for the tender mercies my Father shows me, especially during a time where I have been so down and needing the extra help. I know that He does hear and answer prayers. No matter how big or small they may be.
I'm done now-Sorry for all the posts and rambling!! But hope you didn't get too bored :)
P.S. If you have hobby ideas I would greatly appreciate them. Or a gym buddy would be nice too-that could be another rambling if I let it. Thanks for reading!
Driving in snow & ice isn't that difficult, it just takes a little adjustment. Just drive a little slower, ease into stops, & start braking sooner than you would on dry pavement. You'll be fine :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your new calling!
What a sweet story. Good for those missionaries being at the right place at the right time. We miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteLoved the missionary story. I'm glad they were there to help you. Prayers area answered. I think you'd make a great yoga/zumba/whatever you want instructor! Go for it!!
ReplyDelete