Monday, December 17, 2012
Thanksgiving at Bear Lake
This year Thanksgiving was with the Larson's and up at Kevin's grandparents cabin in Bear Lake. (I fail and have no pictures to document) There wasn't any snow on the ground so that was lovely! Not sure if I never noticed how the stuffing has been made at my family's Thanksgiving but Kevin's grandma started making the stuffing that morning, like real bread crumbs and the whole sha-bang. So good! Besides stuffing our faces with food all weekend lots of football was watched, Kevin, his brothers and uncles played a small turkey bowl, I went on a walk with one of my sister in laws and aunt and there were lots of naps taken! All in all Bear Lake was very relaxing and it was great to be around Kevin's family. We love that we're only an hour away from them now and able to see them more and go to more family functions. I just need to be cooler and take more pictures. I will say it's way nice that we're on the same holiday schedule as Kevin's older brother and his family so we're able to spend time with them since they live in California. We just need to make sure the rest of his siblings go on that schedule as well. Thanksgiving away from my family for the first time did make me realize I miss home grown veggies from my Grandpa's garden so when we have a house with a yard I will have a garden so that everyone can take pleasure in home grown, home made bottled beets :) I'm so lucky to have the in-laws that I have, just hope they keep loving me. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You do no pics and lately that's all mine has been is pics.
ReplyDeleteGlad that things are going so well for you in the North land.
It was strange not having a big family Turkey Day this year.