Tuesday, November 15, 2011

So You Think You Can Dance!!



For anyone who doesn't know "So You Think You Can Dance" is a reality show that's been on for 8 seasons where it's basically the American idol of dancing. I followed this last season religiously. Very religiously. I watched every single episode, and voted a few times for my favorite dancers. Yep, pretty intense I know. So being such a religious follower I decided to buy an early birthday present for myself after I saw that the Top 10 dancers would be going on tour and had a stop up in West Valley. Best birthday present I could have ever bought! Of course, I told Kevin it could be from him. It was quite the early birthday present since I bought the tickets in July...I think and the show wasn't until the end of October but my birthday followed 11 days later. 

Anyway, enough about the boring pre pre show :) The Top 10 but actually had 12 dancers were AMAZING in person!!! Oh my heck, I was so excited for the show and my sister in law Kim went with me and was probably laughing very hard inside because of how excited I was. My heart was racing before the show started and didn't stop until the next morning. The dancers were full of energy, danced 50 numbers and it was non-stop for 2 hours. I seriously wanted to cry because of how amazing everything was. I danced for 15 years and there is no way I could have ever done half of the things those dancers are able to do or look half as good as they do. Major jealousy and regret right there but I wouldn't trade going and watching for the world and so want to do it again next year. I'll just make Kevin actually go this time :) Well, I wish I could put everything into words, and I wish my camera was faster so the pictures would have turned out more decent but that's my description and here are some pictures of our fun experience! Definitely youtube Season 8 so you can see what amazingness it really was. Oh, plus a dancer named Tadd is actually from West Valley and we'll just say he was well loved ;)






Melanie (Season 8 Winner) & Sasha (2nd Place) were the ones to talk and get everyone hyped up at the beginning and say that Mitchell was injured and wouldn't be dancing that night.


You can't tell very well but Melanie is actually dancing in this where Mitchell is supposed to be :)

Some serious Bollywood going on





Tadd is the male in this dance and is actually a break dancer but you couldn't tell he learned to dance in his living room because he is that amazing!!
For this dance each dancer would act like they were painting on the screen and the colors would follow. 






Melanie and Marko doing their infamous Statue dance. Which is amazing youtube any dance those two did together and you will be impressed! 

There was way more dancing but most of the time I was too stunned to take pictures and plus the pictures didn't turn out that well anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment