CHRISTMAS
Was spent up in Bear Lake with the Larson/Maughan side of the family. We were able to be up there Tuesday-Sunday so it was much needed family and relaxation time. I certainly did not venture outside at all but all the kiddos seemed to have a fun time playing in the snow. The rest of the time was filled with food, sleeping, football, games, football, football, football, food and food. With some girl time with some of the aunts, grandma and my 2nd mother and opening presents and Christmas cheer mixed in :) It was so fun and best news is I really didn't get too homesick or cry at all like I did the first year. Give me a break, I'm a girl. But I lucked out with in laws and they are amazing and have always made me feel like part of the family so I really have no reason to be home sick.
Funny story though: Since there's a lot of us we take turns cooking meals and this was the first time in 3 years that I have been asked to help so I decided to make some chicken pot pies. I realized as there were 20 people running around and talking that I have never cooked with anyone besides Kevin around. So the chaos was a little different, and I know that I will not be able to have very many kids because I can't handle that much chaos while trying to cook. Or that much chaos period sometimes. :) But I got through it, Kevin helped and everybody loved the chicken pot pie! Which I think cooking for people is one of the most nerve racking things ever, because what if they hate your food and you have nothing else to give them??? I hope everyone had a wonderful time with your families for the Holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment