Friday, January 9, 2015

Power of Prayer

Power of prayer is an amazing thing.

If you didn't know Kevin finished school this December and the next step was "Big Boy" job.

Being pregnant, then we stressed about him finding a job that would support us so I wouldn't have to work if I didn't want to. Support a family, a job he loved, do we stay in Salt Lake? Do we move?? So many questions, options, you know how it goes.

Well, a few weeks ago, finals are coming to a close and I had a day where I was stressed about this. Normally, in our relationship I stress, Kevin is calm. With this job situation I was calm and Kevin was stressed, he does a good job hiding it though. Sunday night, I was just pleading that he would find something soon. I was a little nervous we'd be in the delivery room and he'd get a call about a job. You know stuff like that happens so I was just prepping myself.

Monday evening a classmate of his contacts him about a position that is open within his company and to see if Kevin is interested. Sure, why not? Tuesday he goes to lunch with classmate and his co-worker. Wednesday he goes to a company function and meets more people. Thursday he goes to the company location for another little function and to meet more people. Friday, he has a more formal interview with the VP and a few others from the company.

Next week is Christmas... He has a phone interview with a head of sales person in the main office.

After the holidays Kevin sends an e-mail as a follow up to see if there is anything he can do. The next morning I said a quick prayer that he'd hear SOMETHING from them... Kid you not, 30 minutes later Kevin sends me a picture of an e-mail saying he'll be getting an offer letter shortly and when could he start!

Are you kidding me!?!?! My testimony of prayer and that Heavenly Father hears and answers us shot up about 1,000 points! We are so incredibly blessed. He starts on Monday and this is going to be a great thing for our family. I am so excited and so proud of him!! We'll be staying in Salt Lake for the foreseeable future and I am 100% totally and completely fine with that!

Yay to growing up! I love the Gospel I belong to and know that our prayers were answered. Our family was praying for him, our home teachers were praying for him. We really are so blessed and so thankful for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment