~Day 4~
Thursday we took a guided tour up the Wailua River. This tour was 4 miles of kayaking then we walked/hiked for 2 miles to a beautiful waterfall that you could swim in. First time kayaking and besides my shoulders being way sore afterwards it was a lot of fun! Kayaking back ended up in a splash war where Morgan and I for some reason had issues splashing people with our paddles. But good news! Nobody tipped over in our group :) After we were done we headed back to the condo to clean up and hang out for a while then drove up to Hanalei to eat at Bubba's Burgers. Hanalei is up on the North side of the island and is super nice! It's definitely more of the rich and nicer area of the island. After we ate we walked around for a while in some of the surf shops they have their and bought a few souvenir t-shirts.
~Day 5~
Kevin, Rusty, Jeanae and I woke up around 5:30AM to drive to Hanapepe and Port Allen where we had the adventure of a lifetime! We all jumped out of a plane and sky dived!! Oh my heck, it was unreal! When we got there we had to sign a waiver which included a few pages that basically said "You may die." I honestly didn't read one word of that waiver because it scared me so much. We pretty much signed our lives away. Next Kevin and I got suited up and took our flight, which was about 20 minutes around part of the island until we got to 10,000 feet up in the air. I was the first to jump and up until that point I was shaking so bad, I couldn't believe that I was about to jump out of a plane. So right before they opened the door of the plane I told Kevin I loved him and said a quick prayer. Then out we jumped!! It was 30 seconds of freefall then about 5 minutes with the parachute open. Again it was UNREAL! It was absolutely amazing to do something like that, something I had wanted to for a while and it was on our bucket lists so why not do that in Hawaii right? We'd go again in a heart beat to be completely honest, I can't even explain the adrenaline rush you get after or the surreal feeling. It really feels like more a dream then a memory, that probably sounds weird, but it's true.
After we got back to the condo then Kevin, Rusty, Morgan and I went to Chicken in a Barrel for lunch. My brother and sister in law recommended this to us so we had to try it. It's BBQ chicken that's cooked in a barrel. I ordered the Sampler #2 which included Kalua Pork, Ribs, Chicken, & shredded beef. It was so so good!! After we picked up our food we drove up to Kalihwai Beach, laid out our towels so we could lay down and let our food settle...which ultimately ended up with us sleeping on the beach for an hour. After that we played for a bit then headed back to the condo.
We were staying on the east side of the island in Kapa'a where couldn't really see the sunset, so for dinner we drove out to Poipu again and ate dinner and watched the sunset. The food was delicious with a gorgeous view and great company!
Jeanae captioned this picture that said something of the sorts of him getting as close as my OB/GYN
After our dives!
~Day 6~
Sadly this was mine and Kevin's last day on the island. We went on a boat tour of the Napali Coast with Debbie, Charlie, Morgan, Jeanae and Matt. Rusty was sick at the condo and Jeff & Kayla couldn't come since they had Colt with them. The Napali Coast is the part of the island where you can't drive to, you can hike, fly, kayak or boat to it though. On the way we saw dolphins!! (2nd favorite part of the trip) The dolphins were half asleep so they swam around but wouldn't jump or anything. Kinda of sad but still awesome nonetheless! On our way back to the port then the boat stops at a snorkeling location so everyone can either snorkel or scuba dive. We went snorkeling but there sadly wasn't much to see. There was a school of fish that hung around by everybody but never saw anything too exciting. Kevin saw a sea turtle, Jeanae thought she saw part of an octopus tenticle and Morgan thought she saw an eel. Not sure where I was during all of that, but oh well it was still awesome to be able to swim with the fish and everything.
After we got back then Kevin went to the beach with Kayla and Jeff for a few hours and I made the mistake of showering so I didn't go to the beach with them. I should have because everyone else at the condo ended up taking naps and just relaxing. Not going to the beach was a huge regret on my part. When they got back and cleaned up then we ate at a Steak & Seafood place down the street called Wahoo that was really good.
Watching the sunrise from the condo.
Next day (Sunday) Kev and I woke up at 4:30 to get to the airport and check in for our 6:30AM flight. We landed in Vegas and 4:30PM and got up to SLC by 2:30 and worked the next day. Not a fun Monday..
Well to say we had a blast in Kaua'i with Kevin's family would be putting it lightly! It was amazing and we definitely want to go again, SOON! I already have a list going of things I want to do that we weren't able to do or see. I really wish we could have stayed a few more days and weeks, maybe even months would've been okay with me. If you ever come see us then we have a ton more pictures that we could share and a video of us jumping out of a plane!
Mahalo Kaua'i and A hui hou!
(Thank you and goodbye, until we meet again)
(Thank you and goodbye, until we meet again)

What a fun trip!! I loved Hawaii when I went there. So gorgeous. So jealous you got to go skydiving. What a rush!!!Someday I'll go...
ReplyDeleteLooks heavenly! Except the sky diving!! You are brave!
ReplyDelete